Mill Pond Veterinary Hospital Safety Protocols During COVID-19
We want to assure you that we are currently open and here to provide essential care to your pet at this time. We also want to make sure that we keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
We are making changes to our protocols based on recommendations made by the AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association) as well as the CDC, and Connecticut Department of Public Health.
For the health and safety of our community and staff we are implementing the following protocols:
- We will be performing additional and frequent sanitizing of all areas of the clinic throughout the day.
- We are asking any of our staff who feel ill to stay home and seek medical attention. We ask the same of you. Please do not come into our office if you or a family member are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 OR have traveled outside of the country in the last 30 days.
- We are currently seeing sick patients and those that need necessary vaccines. For the safety of our community, we are implementing a social distancing protocol and ask our clients to remain in their cars while pets receive treatment.
The procedure for all patient visits is as follows:
- When you get to the parking lot with your pet, please give us a call and we will collect your intake information.
- A technician will meet you in the vestibule to pick up your pet for their exam.
- The doctor will call you after the exam to discuss a treatment plan.
- At the end of your visit we will take your payment over the phone.
- We will then meet you in the vestibule to return your pet to you.
If your pet needs medication or food, please call ahead to request a refill.
- We will call you as soon as your pets’ food and/or medications are ready and take your payment over the phone.
- When you arrive in the parking lot, give us a call and we will deliver your pets food and medications to your car.
We are booking wellness appointments as necessary. Surgeries will be booked based on the attending veterinarian’s recommendation. However, if there is an urgent need, we’re happy to help with that on a case-by-case basis. Please call us with any questions.
Thank you for your cooperation and for helping us keep our staff, clients, and patients safe!
The Staff of Mill Pond Veterinary Hospital
“Dr Minot has provided exceptional care to my 14 year old cat.”- Amy V.
“"Thank you" is just not enough.”- Taitira R.
“The doctors show such compassion and everyone truly knows my animals.”- Amy B.