1. What made you decide to pursue a career working with animals?
I've always loved animals. I used to volunteer at the animal shelter where I grew up and I loved it and knew I wanted to work with animals full time
2. Who makes up your pet family and what type of relationships do you have with them?
My furry family consists of 3 cats, Charlie, Kitty and Sammie, a hedgehog, Walter, a saltwater aquarium, two freshwater aquariums and a stray cat that lives under our garage who my husband named Boots (Hopefully one day he will be brave enough to come in the house but for now we feed him and make up his bed under the garage)
3. Is there a particular pet story that has turned into your family folklore?
Charlie adopted me! He was a stray kitten living under a building next to where I used to work. One day when I was eating lunch outside, he came walking over, jumped on my lap, took a bite of my turkey sandwich and fell asleep. I brought him home that night and we have been together ever since! He is almost 10 now!
4. If you could choose to be any animal what would it be and why?
I would be a stingray! They are so fun to watch, and they have the cutest smiles!
5. What would you like the pet owners of Mill Pond to know about you?
I have been working at Mill Pond for the past 6 years. Many clients and their pets are like family. I will do anything to make sure our clients and pets have a good experience and I'll treat every pet like it is one of my own. When I am not working, you can find me spending time with my husband, our friends and our animals.